Barrable got a bird’s eye view from inside Mikkelsen’s Fabia S2000

Robert Barrable got a bird’s eye view from inside Andreas Mikkelsen’s Fabia S2000, when the Intercontinental Rally Challenge Champion took him for a high-speed ride during his pre-Circuit of Ireland Rally test in his ŠKODA UK Motorsport Fabia S2000.

The Billy Coleman Award winning driver from Swords in Co. Dublin had been testing his ŠKODA Ireland Fabia S2000 on the same section of road outside Aughnacloy, and seized the opportunity to see what the action’s like from the co-driver’s seat – for the very first time.

Andreas’ has considerably more experience driving the Fabia S2000 than Robert, so it was no surprise that the young Irishman enjoyed the experience.

“I was very impressed – I can see why Andreas is IRC champion,” said Robert. “He’s just so comfortable in the car, it’s amazing to watch.

“This is the first time I’ve been a passenger in a rally car at speed like this, and it was strange being in a car that’s so similar to my own and not being in control of it. I certainly picked up a few tips, especially in the corners where Andreas is a lot more aggressive than me.

“I really enjoyed the experience and would like to thank Andreas for giving me the opportunity to sit in with him.”

Source: Circuit of Ireland