Ola back in the flow

Ola Fløene returned to the co-driver’s seat today, still suffering from a nasty bout of ‘flu, but well enough to partner Andreas Mikkelsen, as the Intercontinental Rally Challenge Champions concluded their pre-Circuit of Ireland Rally testing.

Ola arrived in Ireland 24 hours later than planned, having spent the previous three days at home in bed with a fever. He missed the ŠKODA UK Motorsport team’s first day of testing, but returned to the factory-prepared Fabia S2000 today, as he and Andreas conclude their pre-event testing south of Monaghan.

It’s 5°C, with a bitterly cold wind and showers of hail – a vast contrast to the hot conditions inside the car, and far from ideal conditions for someone trying to fight off ‘flu.

“I will be okay,” says Ola. “The recce schedule is quite easy, as the stages are so close together, and I’ll do everything I can to be fit and well for the start of the rally on Friday.

“I’ve had so many telephones calls and emails, asking if I’m okay. I’d like to thank everyone for sending me their best wishes; it’s really been a nice surprise. ACHOO!”

Source: Andreas Mikkelsen Official Website