Andreas Mikkelsen Collects IRC trophy – and special award – in Paris

Andreas Mikkelsen collected his second Intercontinental Rally Challenge drivers’ title-winning trophy in two years at a glamorous end of season awards ceremony in Paris – and was honoured with the additional award of the Colin McRae IRC Flat Out Trophy Driver of the Year.

Ola Fløene also donned the famous luminous green ŠKODA tie to collect his second successive co-drivers’ title, having guided to Andreas to all his IRC successes – despite his constant battle in the service area with the team’s disobedient coffee machine.

“For sure I’m feeling fantastic,” said Andreas.
“I’ve just completed two fantastic years in the IRC with ŠKODA. It was a big opportunity coming with them in 2011 and I felt like I’d won the series when I got that drive. We’ve been very successful and won two championships. These years with ŠKODA UK have meant everything to me and if it wasn’t for them I’d still be driving in the Subaru Cup in Norway.

“Two years ago I did not believe these two titles would be possible, especially after crashing on my first event in Monte-Carlo. When I look back at them they were the best two best years of my life so it’s a really nice feeling at the moment.”